1. This is far too advanced for Molly to play with at the moment.
2. I just had to make it.
My first page and pattern is Hickory Dickory Dock. As mentioned in my previous post I have chosen to use single pages which measure 19.5 x 23.5 cm.
I love how the mouse moves up and down the ribbon. I considered having the mouse as a removable item but decided due to Molly’s age I keep it attached for now.
The pattern attached details how I made it. Please be aware that all patterns and products are untested. I have tried my best to make everything as safe and secure as possible but if you make one for your child ensure all seams are secure and any choking risks are kept to a minimum. This is also my first time writing a pattern- if you notice anything that is wrong or it doesn’t make sense please comment and I will help out where I can. I would love to see pictures of the bits you make too.
Hickory Dickory Dock 2016 – Pattern
I am happy for anyone to make from this pattern I just ask that you credit me as designer.
Continue reading “Hickory Dickory Dock”
Back to the quiet book for this post- getting prepared with some pages
All of the patterns are made to fit on the same page. Before starting to design the different activities for each page I made a selection using different fabrics. I have a rediculous amount of fabric and this is a great way of using bits up.
Again I used felt to give the page, like the cover, a bit more strength and structure.
1. Cut you felt to the size you desire for the page. My pages are 19.5 x 23.5 cm to fit my book.
2. Iron your fabric (this is the only time I iron! My clothes are creased my makes are not)
3. Using spray adhesive attach your felt to the wrong side of your fabric and cut leaving a 2 cm allowance around all sides
4. Fold the fabric over to meet the edge of the felt and then fold over again sewing around all edges. This is the cheaters way of doing a quilt edge. It’s quick and easy.
5 Add the rivets making sure the match your binder spacing
6 Add snap fasteners to the opposite corners so that the pages are interchangeable. If your page fabric pattern has to be up a certain way to work then you will have to decide now whether it’s a left page or a right page. If the pattern is not then you can decide later. Make sure one is an inny and the other is an outy (and other such technical terms)
7 Get ready to make your first quiet book activity
Coming Soon – Hickory Dickory Dock